Indian electrical equipment industry to be world leader by 2030: IEEMA I Mr. Anil Saboo
How was the year 2020 for electrical equipment industry in India? Has the restriction on Chinese imports started delivering results? What electrical equipment industry expects from Budget 2021? Mr. Anil Saboo, President, IEEMA shares his expert opinion on all these questions in a candid interview with Subhajit Roy.
1. Electrical equipment industry saw 41.8% fall in Q1
2. Improved to 13.3% in Q2
3. Demand of electrical equipment to grow by 8-10%
4. Globally, total demand (for electrical equipment) is $500 bn
5. India caters to 1.75% of world market that can grow upto 5%
6. Budget Asks: Big investments in infrastructure development including in power sector
7. Budget Asks: Provision of concessional rate of customs duty
8. Budget Asks: Reduce basic customs duty on primary aluminium from 7.5% to 5%.
9. Budget Asks: Restoration of 200% tax deduction for R&D
Please set a reminder 🔔 to watch Mr Saboo’s Exclusive Interview with Subhajit Roy, which is all set to be premiered on 12th January, on YouTube at 4 PM sharp.