How to power futuristic smart cities | mojo4industry Development Debate
Smart cities are developed to provide a better standard of living using advanced and intelligent infrastructure powered by electricity. Thus, resilient delivery of electricity is being considered as the key enabler for tomorrow’s smart cities. On the other hand, smart cities aim to realize the vision of a sustainable development that fosters environment friendly ecosystem. Therefore, smart cities will also look to redefine their energy mix and distribution systems.
On this note, mojo4industry presents an Exclusive Development Debate titled: Powering Smart Cities. Experts have discussed and debated on how to power futuristic smart cities. They also spoke on some of the smart solutions for smart cities.
· Role of smart power in the development of smart cities
· Sustainable smart cities and energy management
· Role of smart grids in smart cities.
· Importance of smart lighting in smart cities.
· Challenges with existing power distribution network and how to address those.
1. Mr. Debashis Sen, CMD, West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (WBHIDCO) & Chairman, New Town Kolkata
2. Mr. Reji Kumar Pillai, President, India Smart Grid Forum and Chairman, Global Smart Energy Federation
3. Mr. Mahesh Sharma, Sr. General Manager – Projects, HPL Electric & Power Ltd
(Powered by: Panasonic Life Solutions India )